First, remove air filter. Then, remove mechanical injectors with distributor.
Use fuel rail with pressure regulator from the M104 engine.
Cut fuel injectors places to put new injectors in place.
Secure fuel rail
Install new idle valve fitting. Old idle valve connections are unusable now.
Before installing, clean valve internals with carburettor cleaner, and lubricate with the oil. Don't use WD40, it is not lubricant.
MAP sensor location is very important for decent engine operation. Locate MAP sensor exactly like on photo.
Drill 13mm hole for sensor tip. Cover drill tip with grease to catch the debris.
Seal hole with a sealant. Sufficient sealing paste must be applied because the surface of the intake manifold is rough.
Secure sensor with included screw.
ECU and wiring
Disconnect battery when working with the electrical system. Connect battery back only when engine have to be started.
ECU is dust and splashproof. It cannot withstand continuous water contact or pressurized water. Do not install ECU with cable upwards. In this case, water and moisture will flow off the cable into ECU.
Wire colors are not fixed, and can be changed. Wires are labeled. Refer to labels to determine wire purpose.
Wiring harness for 4 and 6 cyl engines are unified. On a 4cyl engine you will have 2 extra injector connectors - those are closer to the ECU connector. You can cut those connectors or leave unconnected.
Put ECU next to the stock unit. Pull required wires from the harness.
All wires should be connected in parallel. Otherwise will be mentioned explicitly.
Connection to the 25pin ECU
- 1 Power 12V
- 2 GND
- 5 FULL SW
- 8 Lambda - disconnect from the stock ECU
- 13 IDLE SW
- 21 CLT
- 25 AN
Connect DH wire to the ground
Connection to the 55pin ECU
- 6 GND
- 9 Power 12V
- 13 Lambda - disconnect from the stock ECU
- 16 CLT
- 27 AN
- 46 FULL SW
- 47 IDLE SW
Connect DH wire to the ground
Attention! Make sure to disconnect the lambda from the stock ECU to avoid interference.
If you don't have lambda sensor, or your sensor is malfunctioning, you should install universal Bosch sensor 0258986507 or 0258006537
- white wires - to the heating connector
- black - signal to the ECU
- gray - to the ECU ground
Connect EXT wire to the air conditioner clutch wire. It is used for maintaining idle RPM while air conditioner is operating.
Normally, you will use Bluetooth interface to connect to the ECU. In rare cases, BT connection is unreliable, so you can use K-Line instead.
To connect K-Line cable, you should prepare 3 wires:
Pinout of the K-Line cable:
Pinout of the car OBD2 connector
There are other wires, not mentioned in this manual. They are reserved for future use. Isolate and hide unused wires into the harness.
Stock ECU pinout
- Main relay power (Yel)
- Ground (Brn)
- Idle speed control valve control (Red/Wht)
- Full load throttle (Gry/Yel)
- Speed sensor (Grn/Yel)
- Ground/Return for cool. sensor (Brn/Wht)-Coolant sensor return for MY 1988 California version
- Oxygen sensor input (Grn)
- Fuel pump relay A/T (Grn/Blu)
- Electro-hydraulic actuator control(Brn/Blk)
- Altitude sensor (Blu/Red)
- Electro-hydraulic actuator supply (Brn/Blk)
- Closed throttle (Brn/Yel)
- Check engine indicator (Red/Grn)
- Ignition switch (Vio)
- Air flow sensor Input (Blu/Wht)
- Air flow sensor reference (Blu/Grn)
- A/C compressor (Blu/Yel)
- Ground (Brn/Red)
- Coolant temperature sensor (Grn/Red)
- Deceleration micro-switch input (Gry/wht)
- TD signal (Grn/Yell)
- Supply Battery voltage
- Purge valve
- 02 sensor heater voltage
- Idle speed control valve
- Intake Air temperature sensor
- Chassis ground
- Impulse readout, malfunction memory
- Supply voltage
- Deceleration fuel shut-off microswitch
- Start signal
- 02 sensor signal
- Intake air temperature sensor
- Coolant temperature sensor
- Diagnostic signal 02 sensor heater
- Ground ECU
- Start valve activation
- Idle speed control Valve
- Check engine warning lamp
- Data exchange with EZL ECU
- RPM signal
- Selector lever position
- Speed signal
- Lambda output, on/off ratio
- Air flow sensor supply voltage
- 02 sensor wire shielding
- Air flow sensor ground
- Electro hydraulic actuator (+)
- EGR valve
- Transmission shift point control
- Supply voltage
- Air pump control signal
- A/C compressor engagement signal
- Full load throttle signal
- Closed throttle signal
- Air flow sensor input signal
- Electro hydraulic actuator (-)
MAP sensor pinout
Invent Jetronic ECU pinout
View at the ECU connector
|B||+12V||CLT||TPS||AN||KLINE||EMUL||IDLE SW||FULL SW|
(*) - АС input is available starting from ECU version 2.3
- MAP - absolute pressure sensor
- TPS - throttle position sensor
- IAT - sensor air temperature
- CLT - coolant temperature sensor
- DH - Hall sensor
- AFS - airflow sensor